Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Nakiska coaching Summit



Hello!

I am at Nakiska now. Most of the Head coaches from all of Canada are here, along with the National Head coaches. From Both Men and Women sides.

This is the first year we have had it on snow. It has been great to see many of my old friends from when I ski raced. Yes, Many are coaches now.

Every day we go to a different Discipline. My first day was SL and today we Super G and DH. The main topic has been stick to the basics. When training the different events, break the training runs up into specific focus areas. For example in SL combination's( Hair pins and Flushes only ) Corridors with different off sets and distances. The way we are training now. Same for DH. Jumping station, open turns, gilding on a flat ski, starts and so on.

We also have afternoon meetings talking about safety and injury prevention. Today I am not sure.

We have had great sunny hot days and great spring skiing.

I will update again soon.

Bye for now.

Doug

No comments: