Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Oct, 29 Update

Hi guys,

Oh, I have been working lots lately. But I have played golf. I took the guys that helped me with roofing our house. They did help me save a lot of money. It was a nice day. Sunny. I did make a game plan. What I found was that I ended up trying too hard as the game went on. That is when I made mistakes in my swing. I did go back to being relaxed and played much better again. I shot a 81 , but it could be much better. So What I have seen is that I must check my feelings and body more often so I do not fall into old patterns. I think I need a better preshot routine. Next time I play I will let you know how it goes.

Another thing I have noticed is that when I play with someone better I often think about them and there swing or game. Then I loose my focus on my game plan.

The reason I share my golf progress is because I hope all of you make a plan for your ski race days, and training days. Focus solely on you and what you must do. From when you wake up to after the race. Why after? debrief yourself to how your performance for the race or the training was. How could you make your pre race plan better.

Bye for now.

Doug

No comments: