Saturday, May 19, 2007

May 19 Update



Hello!!!

So one other thing I forgot to mention in my blog about concussions. Mouth pieces are also recommended to help prevent them.

Also back protection I mentioned is the following! www.the-raceplace.com/protective.htm
This site is an example of the back protection I was talking about.

So for those of you that have kids or kids that are racing. We had an excellent speaker on training windows for kids.

Usually from ages of 5 to 11 years old growth is slow. During this time it is important to train Quickness movements, flexibility and technique.

From Ages 11 to 14 are usually the ages of growth. During this time the kids are usually slightly clumsy. It is important to work on endurance this time.

After the main growth spurt is the time to strength training.

Have a great weekend!

Doug

1 comment:

Blue_brothers said...

I understood Back protectors.
Thank you.